Occasional fail of power tailgate

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
Gfplux

Occasional fail of power tailgate

Post by Gfplux » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:47 am

I don’t have a long commute. My normal trips are quite short but for a couple of 1000k (my total is 12,600k in 11 months)
I occasionally have an electric boot fail. It has happened at home in my garage when I might be putting something in the boot. I use the button on the outside of the boot (I leave the key fob inside the car, yes I Know) I press the button and it unlocks but does not lift. It will go up when I give it a physical push.
In normal driving use I press the key fob or the internal button to open the boot I don’t remember it failing under those circumstances.
It is a very minor issue that I have not seen mentioned anywhere. Could this be a low battery issue?
Luxembourg P200 S AWD AUTO March 2019

Williamsplace

Re: Occasional fail of power tailgate

Post by Williamsplace » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:47 am

Hi Gfplux,

I don't think it is low battery, unless you are seeing a low battery warning on the dashboard when you go to start the car. I have had one time low battery warning but never a problem with the tailgate. best to mention it to your dealer.

Thanks
William
P250 R-Dynamic HSE Corris Gray

MalcolmD

Post by MalcolmD » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 am

Gfplux wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:47 am
I don’t have a long commute. My normal trips are quite short but for a couple of 1000k (my total is 12,600k in 11 months)
I occasionally have an electric boot fail. It has happened at home in my garage when I might be putting something in the boot. I use the button on the outside of the boot (I leave the key fob inside the car, yes I Know) I press the button and it unlocks but does not lift. It will go up when I give it a physical push.
In normal driving use I press the key fob or the internal button to open the boot I don’t remember it failing under those circumstances.
It is a very minor issue that I have not seen mentioned anywhere. Could this be a low battery issue?
If the internal button and the key fob are ok what about when you use the tailgate button away from the garage?
2018 E-PACE P250 S Firenze Red
2008 XKR Azure Blue

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:36 pm

By any chance do you have those gesture boot opening thing ? Which might be interrupting just a guess when you are just too close to the boot.

MalcolmD

Post by MalcolmD » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Had this problem today, thinking it might be low battery voltage after lots of short runs so I’m probably going to charge overnight with fingers crossed!
2008 XKR Azure Blue

MalcolmD

Post by MalcolmD » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:55 am

After the problem yesterday I left the car for a few hours, hoping the battery wasn't that flat. When I tried again the tailgate worked normally and the car started fine. I then charged the battery overnight anyway and it was fully charged in the morning so i don't think it was flat but the software got fed up opening and closing the tailgate and starting and stopping!
2008 XKR Azure Blue

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”