Apple carplay-e pace base model

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar E-Pace
Jag95paris

Apple carplay-e pace base model

Post by Jag95paris » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello, I'm from France and I read on this forum and differents news site that the last incontrol touch pro OS will offer Apple carplay.
I received my car from the dealer last December with the 19C OS installed and no carplay available on incontrol touch pro.

I read too that model's from 2016 and incontrol touch pro could be updated with Apple carplay but it seems impossible on my car.

My dealer said it was because it's a base model (not S or HSE) without navigation.

Does anyone knows if it should or will be possible a day?
Is it possible that cars without nav have an incontrol touch or something different that blocks apple carplay as it is just replication?

Thank you for your help!

Ulysse

Re: Apple carplay-e pace base model

Post by Ulysse » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:55 am

Hiya!!

They have removed Spotify from the line-up and it never had the 'messages' app as we have seen on all the other car adverts!

It was terrible to be honest, with lots of hanging, delays and generally not very user friendly. You are not missing out on anything!

You can check your car from here: https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/software-update/sota-upgrade.html

Yours

Andy C

Jag95paris

Post by Jag95paris » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi and thank you Andy,
Yes I see on your link that some base model are not eligible with the smartphone pack and it seems to be the case with my car.
I’m just trying to know why the car is not eligible (technical? / commercial?) and if it will be eligible a day ...?
Best
Thierry

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:30 pm

In 2018 f pace there was no apple car play , I had to ask dealer they installed it , I was charged I think 300£ for that. Maybe being base model they want to charge money and then install it.

Regards
KJ

Jag95paris

Post by Jag95paris » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Thank you.
But even with money they say carplay can’t be installed because it has no nav ....

jneill

Post by jneill » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:45 pm

Jag95paris wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:07 pm
Thank you.
But even with money they say carplay can’t be installed because it has no nav ....
You need the "Connect Pro Pack consisting of Pro Services, Wi-Fi Hotspot and Smart Settings"

It's standard in S, SE and HSE models.

Jag95paris

Post by Jag95paris » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:55 pm

Thank you jneill,

Yes that what the dealer say. But I don’t understand why standard model (base model not S SE or HSE) can have carplay added when you order the car and why it’s not possible to add it after delivery ?

That my case. The dealer said he couldn’t add the smartphone pack alone without « connect pro » option when I ordered the car (a base model) as in fact it was possible (I saw it a week after on the Jaguar website) And then after the car delivery he said he couldn’t add it ....

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:08 am

Jag95paris wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:55 pm
Thank you jneill,

Yes that what the dealer say. But I don’t understand why standard model (base model not S SE or HSE) can have carplay added before the car is built and why it’s
not possible to add it after ?

That my case. The dealer said he couldn’t add the smartphone pack when I ordered the car (a base model) as in fact it was possible (I saw it a week after on the Jaguar website) And then after the car delivery he said he couldn’t add it ....
Hmm not end of the world, I read it somewhere there is a device which you wire it to head unit and you get android auto & apple car play , i think its in f pace forum where people have successfully achieved it.
Its not difficult to wire what I could make out of it.
Regards,
KJ

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:11 am

Here you go.
The link to read.
https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4959&p=64002&hilit=Android+auto#p64002

Jag95paris

Post by Jag95paris » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:40 am

Thank you very much!
I’ll have a look.

Return to “Faults & Technical”