Central display startup

All Jaguar E-Pace related discussions
MalcolmD

Central display startup

Post by MalcolmD » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 am

It seems to me that if you stop the car for a short while, ie fill up with fuel or similar, when you re-start the central display sometimes doesn't start at all or takes longer than usual, and of course forgets where the USB music stick was up to or can't load it. Bearing in mind the 'system' supposedly doesn't shut down fully for about 30 mins???

If I shut down for longer I get a better chance of the display loading properly.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm hoping if I ever manage to download software v19C it might solve the USB load as it does get mentioned in the release notes, but my car still thinks 19B is up to date :roll:
2018 E-PACE P250 S Firenze Red
2008 XKR Azure Blue

Oggie13

Re: Central display startup

Post by Oggie13 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:52 am

I've had a blank screen an odd time or two but I've not noticed if this coincided with anything else happening, i.e. after filling up.

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:01 am

MalcolmD wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 am
It seems to me that if you stop the car for a short while, ie fill up with fuel or similar, when you re-start the central display sometimes doesn't start at all or takes longer than usual, and of course forgets where the USB music stick was up to or can't load it. Bearing in mind the 'system' supposedly doesn't shut down fully for about 30 mins???

If I shut down for longer I get a better chance of the display loading properly.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm hoping if I ever manage to download software v19C it might solve the USB load as it does get mentioned in the release notes, but my car still thinks 19B is up to date :roll:
Well I have 19c on F pace and the way you described is what I also see. Like I switched off engine got out then in few minutes got back and screen is blank take ages. Also it got kind of reset sometime back forgot all favourite radio channels. And all the volumes were set to default like factory and few other things bit annoying. Spent some time to reconfigure. :roll:

Regards,
KJ

MalcolmD

Post by MalcolmD » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:12 pm

So sounds like 19C isn't gong to improve that problem then!!
2008 XKR Azure Blue

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:26 pm

Well this is called user experience and those tiny bits of improvement would make JLR a lot better than other brands I wonder what they are thinking. Being an engineer I looked upon their hiring process looks like they want best of the best but what those best of the best giving us in real life is a big question mark for me at least.

Those slight improvements.... They can rule.
But sad they report losses every time.

Regards,
KJ

MalcolmD

Post by MalcolmD » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:42 pm

I think they have got some "cutting edge" technology that perhaps hasn't been properly tested, and then they have economised on the hardware needed to run it!
I don't think the processor in my car is good enough for the software, which is also not particularly robust!

A bit like the Morgan factory who basically build a car and then "use" the new owners to prove the cars. (IMHO)
2008 XKR Azure Blue

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:22 pm

MalcolmD wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:42 pm
I think they have got some "cutting edge" technology that perhaps hasn't been properly tested, and then they have economised on the hardware needed to run it!
I don't think the processor in my car is good enough for the software, which is also not particularly robust!

A bit like the Morgan factory who basically build a car and then "use" the new owners to prove the cars. (IMHO)
That's it you just answered it :D , they should do cost cutting at other places rather than the finished product which is going to sell in market and if it's good quality people are going to say positive things.
I was reading somewhere they use intel processor but definitely it is some low end.
I have switched off all those auto display stuff to manual. Not sure what operating system they are using. Whatever it is it's just not optimized. I have also removed usb stick so that it doesn't wate time reading and give me basic functionality when I need it rather than waiting.

Regards,
KJ

Return to “Main Jaguar E-Pace chat”